The 2013 William C. Morris Award finalists are announced!
Posted by: Gillian Engberg
Just in time to make it onto your holiday reading list, here are the 2013 finalists for the William C. Morris Award, which honors a book written for young adults by a previously unpublished author:
- Wonder Show, by Hannah Barnaby, published by Houghton Mifflin, an imprint of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Love and Other Perishable Items, by Laura Buzo, published by Alfred A. Knopf, an imprint of Random House Children’s Books, a division of Random House, Inc.
- After the Snow, by S. D. Crockett, published by Feiwel and Friends, an imprint of Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group.
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post, by Emily M. Danforth, published by Balzer + Bray, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
- Seraphina, by Rachel Hartman, published by Random House Children’s Books, a division of Random House, Inc.
And while you’re catching up on your nominees, don’t miss Ann Kelley’s interview with Rachel Hartman and our own list of top 10 first novels for youth. Both features appeared in our 2012 Spotlight on First Novels issue.
What were your favorite debut novels of the year? We’d love to hear from you.